Hello, I’m Chris Dowling.
I started a family business in 1977 in the print industry. Over the years, the business grew and developed significantly, moving and adapting to the changing print market and technology. As a business owner, I have been involved with all aspects of management, including financial planning, development, strategy, sales, marketing and customer services.
My business is based in Uckfield, East Sussex, where I have lived for many years. I am very active in the local business community, with my own businesses Dowling Creative and Dowling Consultants. I am also a committee member of the Uckfield Chamber of Commerce and a regular visitor to business networking events in my local area.
I have owned and run a family business/SME for the whole of my working life. I have over 35 years of day-to-day business experience – “I have been there and done it”. I understand the challenges, opportunities and successes of running your own business.
I work with a wide range of businesses, from start-ups and sole traders through to established businesses from various industries. Many clients have reached a point in their business where, despite some success, they don’t know which way to turn or how to move forward. Many have never run their own business before, so they find it quite a challenging prospect. Others simply want to grow and expand their business.
I work with businesses in London, the South East and throughout the UK.
My Skills and Attributes
- Excellent business acumen, with over 35 years in business
- Effective team leader and team worker.
- Well-organised and works well under pressure.
- Effective communicator, especially at high levels.
- Creative with good attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills – able to listen, understand and implement.
- Excellent customer focus and service – with a personal touch.
- Very resourceful, with an excellent network of contacts
- Honest and trustworthy, always pleased to help and support.